Fit For Sport encourage all children to get active and healthy! Not only is this stacks of fun but it will help you to have more energy and even concentrate better in school!
If you want to get healthier you can still eat your favourite foods – just a bit less of some of them and more of other foods! Healthy eating is all about getting the balance right and eating a variety of foods. A few small changes to your diet can make all the difference.
Why not try swaping one can of fizzy drink for a glass of water?
It’s important for everyone in your family to keep active. You don’t need to be super-competitive or brilliant at sports to be active. Try some of the fun games we have for you below. They’re suitable for all ages and you’ll have fun getting fit together.
- Eat 5 pieces of Fruit and Veg a day, aiming for a rainbow of colours!
- Remember to always eat breakfast - this kick-starts your metabolism
- Try the 80/20 rule - if you eat a balanced diet 80% of the time, then you can enjoy some of the other foods you want e.g.chocolate the other 20% of the time.
- Remember to eat your food slowly – this will stop you eating more than you need.
Try to ensure your food plate always looks like this:
Increasing your activity levels gives you more energy and can help you concentrate more in school/work!
Children should be active for at least one hour a day. This doesn’t need to be done all at once, it can be split up throughout the day!
Try a new activity each month; why not try...
Keep active with friends and family after school, at weekends and during the holidays. This is a great way to burn calories without even realising it as you will be having too much fun!