Active Lives Healthy Futures provides sustainable children’s activity solutions across all environments by using the Train, Support and Deliver models.
• Train- train and qualify people to work with children, young people and families
• Support- supporting delivery of activity through proven systems and sustainable models to deliver safe, rewarding programmes for children , young people and families
• Deliver – delivering the selected active lives programme of children, young people and family activities
Active Lives Healthy Futures is a bespoke programme which can be adapted to be delivered in a range of settings. These settings include schools, leisure centres, health clubs and community environments.
Role of the Board
Our Board is responsible for the long term success of Active Lives Healthy Futures and includes a Non-Executive Chairman, 1 Executive director, and 2 Non-Executive directors.
The Board is accountable to shareholders for ensuring that the company is appropriately managed and achieves the strategic objectives it sets. The Board carries out its responsibilities through a programme of at least four scheduled meetings a year, which includes the approval of overall budgetary planning and business strategy.
The Board reviews internal controls and risk management policies and approves the governance structure and code of conduct. It also appraises and approves major financing, investment and evaluates and monitors the performance of the Company.
• evaluating progress towards financial and business objectives and annual plans
• scrutinising the performance of management in meeting these objectives and plans
• monitoring - through reports
Composition of the Board
Our priority is to have diversity in terms of gender, ethnicity, disability, length of tenure and business experience across developed and emerging markets. We believe that such a diverse balance is in the best long-term interests of shareholders.