Are you passionate about engaging children in physical activity?
Fit For Sport recruit all team members against company values and look for those who share our vision of engaging and educating children, young people & families through activity.
Fit For Sport are passionate about helping all children to enjoy being active, to set them on a journey to an active life, and are passionate about hiring the right people.
Fit For Sport are always looking for talented individuals for a range of roles including children’s delivery, customer service and business development. Fit For Sport need people with the desire to be a driving force in the planning and delivery of top quality children's activities.
If this sounds like you, please contact us by emailing your CV and covering letter to [email protected].
Fit For Sport are always looking for talented Activity Leader's for a range of roles and currently, we are looking for children’s SEN specialised Activity Leader who will be supporting on a 1:1 basis at our After School Club in Sheen Mount Primary.
The role will be to support and supervise during After School Club and deliver high-quality multi-activities. This will be for two days a week, however, you may be able to get more hours for lunchtime supervision in another area.
SEN Support Worker Job role:
• Support on the organisation and management of activities, actions and programmes within their function/service
• Communicating with parents and teachers to ensure the best strategies of engaging children in an activity
• Ensure children and clients receive the best possible service in line with company service standards and vision
• Deliver programmes, activities and actions within their function/service effectively
• Ensure site/team compliance with all policies and procedures
• Protect the Health and safety and risk assess all activities with your 1:1 child in mind
SEN Support Worker Requirements:
• At least two years of experience working alongside young people with Special Educational Needs (eg ASD, ADHD, GDD, SEMH, MLD, SPLD, Dyslexia and Dyspraxia or Down Syndrome etc) - or equivalent qualifications/ certifications
• Ability to engage and inspire a young person
• Understanding and identifying individual triggers de-escalating potential challenging situations and in some cases intervention (e.g team teach)
SEN Support Worker Benefits:
• 50% Discount on access to our services for your children – if you have any!
• Opportunity to complete a Paediatric First Aid Course through Fit For Sport
• Access to a range of Professional Development Training, Including Core Modules such as Safeguarding Children and the Common Core
• We will pay to sign you up to the DBS Update Service
• 28 days paid holiday (including UK Bank Holidays) each year (pro rata for part-timers)
• You’ll have access to our pension in service schemes
• Access to the cycle to work scheme
• Company Uniform provided free of charge
• Clear pathways to progress with Fit For Sport
We take Safeguarding very seriously and will not put a child’s welfare at risk. Everything we do has to safeguard at the core. We have robust safeguarding, lone working, supervision and observation policies which safeguard all students and staff. We monitor and we encourage all staff and students to inform us of anything that may give them any concern. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind on any grounds whatsoever, nor will we tolerate bullying or harassment of anyone by anyone. We have an accessible Public Interest Disclosure (Whistle Blowing) Policy encouraging anyone involved with the organisation to escalate any problems outside the organisation if they cannot be resolved internally. All our applicants undergo thorough employment and character references upon application.