Lunchtime and break times provide an ideal opportunity for safe, structured and fun activities to engage all children and help meet recommended guidelines for all children to achieve the recommended 60 minutes of moderate-vigorous physical activity each day.
Are you interested in Fit For Sport supporting your school at lunchtimes with our Active Playgrounds? Now available as an Online Course!
Did you know:
• By 2020 it's estimated half of all primary aged children will be overweight or obese?
• Children in primary schools spend around 25% to 30% of their time in the playground (over 5 hours per week)?
By having an active playground it will help your school to:
• Tackle obesity
• Increase children’s activity levels
• Reduce incidents and accidents at lunchtime – on average our schools report a 75% decrease after setting up an active playground.
• Improve children’s learning and behaviours- making playtime active and purposeful has a significant effect on children’s learning, behaviour and attitudes.
• Reduce in senior management time spent dealing with accidents and behaviour problems.
This online training will involve a 2-2.5 hour interactive workshop where our Fit For Sport training experts will lead you through a range of bespoke learning modules. The Active & COVID Safe Playgrounds training provides schools and school staff with the skills and confidence to create and lead FUN, safe, inclusive and varied physical activities in the playground. The bespoke training workshop helps schools to activate the playground at playtime and lunchtime in order to help children achieve their 60 minutes of physical activity each day, reduce incidents and accidents and engage everybody in inclusive physical activity.
Supporting Materials include:
- Digital copies of learning materials to use
again and again
- How to create an Active Playground
- Activity cards to compliment learning