Lunchtime and break times provide an ideal opportunity for safe, structured and fun activities to engage all children and help meet recommended guidelines for all children to achieve the recommended 60 minutes of moderate-vigorous physical activity each day.
Are you interested in Fit For Sport supporting your school at lunchtimes with our Active Playgrounds?
Did you know:
• By 2020 it's estimated half of all primary aged children will be overweight or obese?
• Children in primary schools spend around 25% to 30% of their time in the playground (over 5 hours per week)?
By having an active playground it will help your school to:
• Tackle obesity
• Increase children’s activity levels
• Reduce incidents and accidents at lunchtime – on average our schools report a 75% decrease after setting up an active playground.
• Improve children’s learning and behaviours- making playtime active and purposeful has a significant effect on children’s learning, behaviour and attitudes.
• Reduce in senior management time spent dealing with accidents and behaviour problems.
Register your interest in active playground training for your school! During your training the Fit For Sport’s qualified training team will provide a comprehensive workshop to upskill and build confidence in playground staff to delivery inclusive, active and enjoyable physical activity for all children in the playground setting.