Fit For Sport recognises that the safe arrival and departure of the children in our care is paramount.
The Manager will ensure that an accurate record is kept of all children in the Club, and that any arrivals or departures are recorded in the register. The register will be kept in an accessible location on the premises at all times. This process will be supplemented by regular head counts throughout the session/day.
Our colleagues will greet each child warmly on their arrival at the Club and will record the child’s attendance in the daily register straightaway, including the time of arrival. Parents must complete an online registration form prior to their child starting which also confirms the parent is happy to follow our medical processes in case of an emergency.
Parents must update any changes to contact information, medical information or other details by updating their child’s information on their account.
If a child arrives at one of our settings and they are not on the register our team will check with the school reception team. The school will then contact the parent/guardian to confirm if their child/children should be attending the club. If the child should be attending, our colleagues will make a late booking for the child.
After School Clubs
The After School club colleagues will ensure the safe collection of the younger aged children which include, Reception, year 1 and year 2 classes. Whilst the older children will find their own way, if a child does not arrive it is the playworker’s responsibility to investigate the whereabouts of that child (Please see the No Show Policy and Term Conditions relating to charges).
After School Clubs and Holiday Clubs
• Colleagues will ensure that parents or carers check children out before they leave, including the time of collection.
• Children arriving at the club who are not on the register must be added as a late booking by club colleagues.
• Children can only be collected by an adult over the age of 16 who has been authorised to collect them on booking system.
• If parents are in dispute, we cannot bar a parent who has parental responsibility from removing their child, unless we have seen and have a copy of a court order stating this.
• Parents or carers must amend their child’s details on the booking system in advance if someone who is not usually listed is to collect their child. Playworkers will contact the main parent or carer for confirmation if there are any concerns regarding departures. The child will be checked out to the parent and an incident form raised for signing on the parent’s next visit.
• If any person collecting a child is not known to colleagues they will be asked to provide photo identification. If this is not available then colleagues will ask 2 questions relating to the child taken from the registration form.
• The parent or carer must notify the club if they will be late collecting their child. If Fit For Sport is not informed, the Uncollected Children policy will be followed.
• In all cases a late fee will be charged at £8 per 15 minutes or part thereof after the stated end of the session.
• No child will be allowed to leave the Club unaccompanied unless they are over the age of eight and the parent has consented on the booking system.
• If a parent or carer is perceived to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, colleagues will do their utmost to prevent the child from leaving with them especially if they are travelling in a vehicle driven by them. Colleagues must report this to the designated safeguarding lead for the company- Tina Frenett. If necessary the police will be called.
When it is time to leave the breakfast club and go into school typically the KS2 children will gather their belongings and make their own way to their classroom. KS1 children will be taken to their classroom by a member of the Fit For Sport colleagues and handed over to their class teacher. If the club is based off the school site, the children will be walked to the school via a walking bus.