Fit For Sport believe in the role of the dedicated and specialist Children’s Activity Professional to fully engage and educate young people through physical activity.
Fit For Sport work with leading accrediting bodies in the industry to provide accredited qualifications and courses, all delivered by Fit For Sport’s expert team of tutors and assessors.
Our industry leading programme will support staff in becoming the ultimate health and wellbeing ambassadors in their settings.
Level 2 Leading Health Related Activity accredited certificatation awarded by Active IQ, delivered by Fit for Sport designed to provide an individual with the skills, knowledge and competency to deliver high quality, inclusive activity sessions for children. The training includes a 2-day direct learning component, support of a qualified assessor and a work-based observational assessment with feedback provided.
The Healthy Active Lifestyle Program includes six key modules:
1. Childhood Nutrition & Obesity Prevention – an eLearning module endorsed by CIMSPA that deals extensively with the issue of childhood obesity and how this can be prevented and managed.
2. L2 Certificate in Leading Health Related Activity Sessions – an accredited certificate awarded by Active IQ and delivered by Fit For Sport, designed to provide an individual with the skills, knowledge and competency to deliver high quality, inclusive activity sessions for children and adolescence. The qualification includes face to face delivery and distance learning.
3. The Healthy Active Schools System – a comprehensive online platform for schools to be able to track pupils' activity and fitness levels regardless of the environment. Contains the functionality to generate reports and statistics to show the impact of activity interventions for children.
4. Resource Pack & CIMSPA Membership – a take-away starter pack of ideas and strategies for engaging children in physical activity. Contains a range of activities across a number of intensities.
5. Safeguarding – an eLearning module designed for an individual to demonstrate professional competency prior to working with children.
6. Common Core – an eLearning module designed to provide individuals with the underpinning knowledge required to work with children.
To book or to ask any questions, please contact the Fit For Sport Training Academy at [email protected] or call 0845 456 3233
Type: The training includes a 2-day direct learning component, support of a qualified assessor and a work-based observational assessment with feedback provided.
Specialist training to become a Children’s Activity Professional can provide a boost to your employment prospects and take your skills to a new level.
Individual training programmes and ongoing CPD can ensure your skills are continually updated and that you are equipped to provide the best quality activity provision, appropriate to the ages of children and young people that you come into contact with.
Providing them with best possible tools to do their jobs will also boost their confidence and commitment, enabling them to deliver outstanding Children and Family activity programmes.
Providing specialist training for Children’s Activity Professionals within your organisation will ensure that you are offering your customers the best possible level of service; raising customer retention levels and rounding out your service offering.